Monday 17 October 2011

WAS IT A UFO? WAS IT A PLANE? OR WAS IT A MOSQUITO?

I had another random early morning wake up and quickly whacked Ryan in the head to show him the bright object flying across the sky above us.  I thought I had sighted a UFO at Edith Falls but we took a breath, sighed with disappointment and had a laugh when we heard the plane. We had dragged our beds under the stars to only end up getting eaten by mosquito's.  This was the first but as you will find out not the last time I spent the night out of Applejack but he was definitely the snuggest place to sleep!
It was hard to get back to sleep with the mosquito's buzzing round our heads and the sun beating down on us so we thought we'd freshen up in the water but I was too scared to even dip my toe in when I read the sign "no swimming before 7am"  with a crocodile snapping under it.  There was a tyre tube hanging on the post so we took turns in having a quick paddle in it.  I'm not sure why we thought this was going to save us from a crocodile but it was the only way I was getting in and admit it Ryan...you were scared too! ha
I didn't spend much time at Edith as I was excited to get to Darwin to see a long lost friend from my hometown of Theodore and my darling friend from Primary School had decided she too needed a break from normalcy so flew up from Melbourne. I had spent two weeks alone to clear my head and enjoy my own company but I was also feeling ready to have the company of my best friend who was not only easy going but also bloody hilarious!  We had a way of making an ordinary situation fun and funny.  I felt everyday was just getting better and I was meeting beautiful people and I looked forward to Kristy experiencing the same joy that she deserved in her life at that time. 
So although it was sad leaving the trio of treats again I arranged to meet them on our way out of Darwin but before heading across to Western Australia.



Looked croc infested to me at 6.30am...I would have felt alot safer if it was atleast 7am
  
Following my new mates to Edith Falls


No comments:

Post a Comment