Sunday 9 October 2011

Hello Isa and Friends

THE only thing I really had to think about on this adventure was where I should fuel up.  I may be known to be hopeless at fuelling up but lets all be honest here, it is a real pain in the behind.  Yes before I got applejack I ran out of fuel twice, but trust me I was actually on top of the fuelling up on this Australian trip and even carried spare fuel which for me is super organised.  Actually, deciding what cd to play was the most challenging thing I had to think about for the day and these songs were taking me to Mount Isa.  I said at the time I wasn't a fan of the Isa but looking back, this is where I met more great friends and speaking of fans, an industrial fan wouldn't have gone a stray when I drove into town with the temperature at 45 degrees.  I peeled myself off the seat in time to take a free underground mine tour which I'd like to give a big thanks to Dianna at Outback Queensland Tourism for organising.  Here I met a sweet old man that bought me a photo souvenir and pointed me in the best direction for a caravan park.  Applejack was in need for a rest due to the heat so I grabbed a cold one and went straight to the pool.  I quickly made friends with a beautiful country family whose generosity I will never forget.  Along with the fathers words "If it was my daughter travelling I'd want to know she was getting looked after".  Well they did just that.  A roast dinner, beer and introduction to the RACQ man who changed Apple's battery.  We exchanged numbers incase we were in the same area again and they waved me goodbye.  There was no way I could feel lonely when I kept meeting people like this.  I felt like I was going to bed everynight smiling and waking up the same.  I couldn't ask for more.  I was just so damn excited to see what the road had install for me each day!   

These young girls were amazing.  They had beautiful characters and were making the most out of their trip around Australia as a family.


No comments:

Post a Comment