Monday 10 October 2011

Dancin to the border!

KNOWING the Northern Territory border was ahead of us when we left Mount Isa made my body skip a beat with joy.  I guess I felt it was a little accomplishment making it through Queensland, hassle free.  I remember this day being extremely hot yet driving up to this border sign was a man jogging.  I lined up Applejack with the sign for a photo and when I got out to say hi, I couldn't believe he wasn't even puffing.  He offered to take my pic and then just turned around and kept jogging.  I was only driving and I felt I looked like the camel on the Barkly Homestead door.   If you ever travel this stretch of road to the Three Ways in the NT, you have to stop at the Homestead.  Coldest, most delicious beer I have ever had!  I actually felt bad leaving Applejack outside here.  So after a few cold ones I sprawled out under a shady tree near him, waiting for his ass (engine) to cool down before trekking on to the Three Ways for the night.  At the time I kept thinking in my mind I should have stayed at the Homestead because it was so lovely but I was getting pulled to keep driving and lucky I did.  Sorry, I can't tell you why tonight, you will just have to keep following my blog to find out why!


No comments:

Post a Comment