Tuesday 31 January 2012

One more night with Frenchie







OUR legs stuck to the seats on our drive to Exmouth.  Not because of our dedication to get there but we were dripping with sweat.  We shut the curtains only leaving enough gap at the front to see.  We soaked our shirts with water however it only relieved us for a few minutes.
I can't remember the name of the roadhouse but we had to stay there for an hour or so to cool Applejack's ass.  Again Oliver kindly offered to drive the next stretch but I told him he should just relax in the back.  Meany yeah?   Ha

It was dark by the time we reached the turn-off and we still had over 150km to go.  I never drove at night.  I was always happy to stop mid afternoon and I'm not sure why I was so determined to get there but I'm sure I had a good reason at the time?
I was really tired and ended up hitting a kangaroo and a bird so when I saw a homestead sign I sighed with relief.  I am so disappointed I didn't write down the name of the place because it was cute little spot.  It was on the left-hand side only a couple of dollars to park on someones cattle property.  They had a camp kitchen and a camp fire.  They told us to park wherever we wanted and with no one else around we had front row seats!

It was Oliver's night to cook so Kristy and I played with the sheep while he cooked up some burritos.  Good man!  OK so maybe I would miss this.  Being our last night with Oliver we let him show us his magic tricks by the fire and listened to his stories.  After all he was meeting his new friends the next day.
It was such a nice change of scenery staying in  the bush again after all the beach.  It also reminded me of my home in Queensland where my parents still live.  The air smelt different and waking up to the sound of motorbikes, Utes and men working in the shed was nice.
We packed up, tooted Apple's horn and got back on track to Exmouth.  Home of the whale sharks.
When we finally got there I said to Oliver "do you know where your friends are"?
"No I can't reach them but I think they will be at the beach".
If you have ever been here you will also know there are many beaches and all off beaten tracks.
I gave Kristy the "what do the hell do we do with him look".

No comments:

Post a Comment