Sunday 24 June 2012

West Australia's Bottom

Wish I had of been more prepared for cold weather but it was a very nice feeling standing on the most Southern point.

WITH the many National Parks and sights along the South I found myself in the same situation as the Margaret River.
Missing turn-offs left, right and centre.
I ventured down to Cape Leeuwin and lucky not to be blown away at the lighthouse.
Boy was it chilly!
If I wasn't on such a high from being on a trip of a lifetime I wouldn't have been able to laugh at the situation like I did.
It was interesting to walk around and see how the lighthouse used to operate but after seeing everything once I quickly jumped in Apple to escape the wind.
Further across I found more happiness and beauty at The Valley Of The Giants.
Applejack looked like a matchstick car against these trees.
I parked and made some friends with an American elderly couple travelling.
They were shocked to see me get out of the kombi alone and I think felt the need to take me under their wing.
When we went inside I went my own way to take in the peacefulness of the magnificent trees.
Standing in front of the fallen roots and inside their trunks made me feel like a little pixie.
It was such a different feeling there.
The only way to describe it is lost in the moment.
I could have spent a whole day there and would've loved to have been able to camp there the night.
I caught up with the Americans again and they kindly offered me a warm bed at their friends the night but kindly declined and said I'd be OK.
I stayed at Denmark that night and froze my ass off.
I sat there rugged up wondering if I could have been sitting in front of a warm fire at that moment if I had of taken up their kind offer.
Instead I was curled up with all my clothes on.
I thought about my next stop which was Albany.
Farmer Shaun's farm wasn't far and he said to give him a call if I was in the area.
Instead of doing what I usually do which is hanging out alone I decided to send a text and see if he wanted a drink.
It would be nice to see a familiar face.










I can't remember what this lake was but I only stayed long enough to get a photo and then I sped out of there.  It made the hairs on my back stand up for some reason.  Hadn't felt scared since our crazy man driver incident.

Add caption









I had so much fun setting the timer and running to the seat for this picture.

I wished Kristy was here with me at the Valley of The Giants.  I think she would have really enjoyed it.



No comments:

Post a Comment