Thursday 28 June 2012

Last Party Of The Trip



THE drive between destinations felt like they went quick with all the small towns between.
I arrived in Albany late afternoon but I should have stopped earlier at one of the free campsites along the way.
I had to stay in a caravan park as it was getting to late to find another spot without knowing where anything was before dark.
It turned out to be an expensive night and disappointing considering I parked and wrapped myself in a blanket and stared at the roof of Applejack.
I decided I had to make the most of the night so tried a shower to warm me up, cooked a hot pasta and cracked open a red and sipped it quickly from the bottle.
Here is a tip for travelling when cold.
Drink red wine!
Warms the heart and puts the mind to rest, giving you a good nights sleep.
However.
Be careful not to over indulge in one night or you pay for it in the morning.
Or so I've heard.
The morning starts were n0t as early in the South.
I slept in for as long as possible, then found the Information Centre where I met some really helpful ladies who pointed me onto the Tourist Drive down the coast.
This is exactly what I wanted.
All sights in one area so I didn't have to make too many decisions.
A whale museum, blow holes, lookouts, bush walks and more pristine beaches.
Although I had started this trip in the Whitsundays where I got to wake up everyday to some of the most amazing beaches in Australia, all the beaches throughout were just as amazing in their own unique way, so I never got tired of looking at them.
I spent a day on the tourist drive and by the time I finished, Farmer Shaun was also driving in to town.
It was great to catch up with a friend I'd made along the way and have a conversation with someone that I didn't have to tell my "how I got here story".
I left Applejack in a comfy spot for me to go back to that night and went for a drink with Shaun and his mates in the big smoke of Albany.
After dinner I even got to experience the worst nightclub in...I can't remember if I was told WA or Australia.
Either way it was hilarious.
The music is something I have never heard before and I should have put my drink down a lot earlier then what I did.
We said our goodbyes and when I woke up I remembered why it really would have been a great idea to put my drink down earlier.
I had a whopping headache and a whopping drive ahead of me.
I knew it was probably the last outing for the trip so I laughed at the nights events and focused on the journey  still ahead.


The windmill farm on the coast was beautiful.  Spent a few hours here just strolling along the path.





The whale museum was amazing but so sad.  Felt a little sickening walking through.









No comments:

Post a Comment