Tuesday 13 March 2012

Please Sir. Can I Use Your Toilet?

Kristy, Farmer Jamie and myself on the sunset cruise off Monkey Mia.

THE air was nippy as we drove into Shark Bay.
We found a park in town near the water and set up the toaster.
Half-way through cooking I was jumping up and down in the back trying to hold my very weak bladder.
I got control over myself and ran to the service station down the road.  The door was locked and the lady said I could only use it if I bought something.
I didn't have money with me and I didn't think I would make it out of her shop without an accident.
Again I tried mind over matter to get my legs uncrossed and back to the van for my wallet.
I was jumping around by this stage like I was a performer in the River Dance.
I couldn't even explain to Kristy what was going on I was in such a dither.
I ran back to the servo and pulled out a penny for a pee.  What a mission!  I was lucky to make the seat.

Once all that commotion was over we finished off breakfast and drove out to the much talked about Monkey Mia.
At the start of my trip a friend posted on my Facebook page that I should call in and see Pearl Farmer Jamie from the television series Farmer Wants A Wife.
When reading this I laughed but thought "Yeah right as if I'd find him".
It turns out though that you never know who'll you will run into in life.

Into Monkey Mia we go with our beach towels and water under our arms.
Once we arrived we couldn't decide what to do.  We both walked around in small circles, like lost dogs.
The sun was out in full force and we were both feeling lethargic.
As I went to take a swig from my flash camping water bottle I noticed it smelt a little off.
I threw it in the trash and said what a crappy bottle!
Off we went dragging our feet to the small convenience store amongst the small resort.
Chatting away, probably still complaining about my bottle, I grabbed a water and as I approached the counter I lifted my head and saw.....Pearl Farmer Jamie.
I said "hey Jamie!".
As you do.
He was and is such a friendly guy.
He invited us on a sunset cruise with Farmer Shaun, Farmer Charlie and other locals and mates.
We played it cool and said "oh yeah we're not sure what we're doing this afternoon but it sounds alright.
Truth was Jamie...we had zero plans.
We were now walking in circles thinking ah shit do we go on the boat or will we look stupid?
If Jamie was reading this out loud he'd probably tell you all we looked stupid. ha

On our way back to Applejack I hear, "You have to shave your armpits Alyce".
I clutched at my armpits and said "No way not these babies!".
I wanted to see how long my armpit hair could grow by the end of my trip.
I know it sounds gross but I was interested to see.
Kristy grabbed the saucepan, a razor, water and soap and got to work.
I was very hesitant in touching my pits but Kristy had a point....it wasn't a good look.

We cleaned up and went back into town to grab a carton.  We were getting pretty excited for this cruise.
I thought it was great that we had travelled so far, stopped and left each camp site and fuel stops with very few plans then ended up in the same convenience store someone I had watched on TV was at.

Lining up for the boat with our esky was hilarious as we started to think about what we were doing and the possibility of it being a bit embarrassing.  We sunk a beer to settle the nerves.  What if he didn't actually remember us.  Oh we'd still have our XXXX Summer! ha

We quickly learnt they were down to earth everyday men and didn't think of themselves as any better or worse then anyone else.
They invited us into their group of mates and we are very grateful for their kindness and hospitality at Monkey Mia.
Even if they did leave us astray.

The lovely Monkey Mia.  You might be able to just see the "No Swimming" sign on the right behind us?  Visitors aren't allowed to enter the water as Dolphins live there.

It was lovely but at a price.

Naw ain't it sweet.

Another photo Kristy will love me uploading onto my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment