Wednesday 7 March 2012

Perfect Parking Alyce

Very cheerful this morning after our experience.

I was extremely relieved to be on the road again but I took extra care of Applejack as I hated seeing him sick.
Sick for my little ray of sunshine is on a hoist, with a random mechanic underneath him, with a nervous look on his face.
I felt the only man who completely knew Apple was George from Kombi Australia.
I will introduce George further down the track, but I will say that without this man my Dance of Happiness would not have began and ended with such joy and ease as what it did.

The drive to Carnarvon was not only a nervous journey because of Apple's incident but we were feeling a little bad for not checking the service station for Oliver before we left town and the thought of seeing him on the side of the road made us giggle nervously.
I just didn't have an interest or need to have more then Kristy travelling with Apple and I.
As I've mentioned earlier I wanted some space.

We drove around 250km this day and using my Camp Australia Wide 5 book we found a free campsite on the beach before Shark Bay.
It was dark and there were vehicle tracks in the sand everywhere making it hard to know which to follow but I remember heading towards some lights of parked vans.
We stopped on the hard sand around 15metres from a Caravan on the water side.
We couldn't see the water and as we were both tired we had an early night.

Throughout the night I had found myself waking up randomly at around 3am - 4am to see sunsets, people doing odd things and then other things that Kristy by the end wasn't interested in seeing at such hours but they were all for a reason I believe.
This morning in particular was a guardian angel waking me.
I was fast asleep when all of a sudden I woke, sat straight up and looked out the back window.
I rubbed my eyes a few times to figure out what was going on.
I said out loud to myself "wow that sands flying across the ground".
Then I realised it wasn't windy and it wasn't sand.  We were in the water!
I said "Shit Kristy wake up we're in water".
Yes it quickly woke here and she sat up and sad "Oh my god Alyce what if we drown".
It wasn't the best thing to say to her while she was asleep because clearly she thought we were actually floating in water.
I took one leap from our bed to the drivers seat.
Flicked the key and put my foot to the floor.
Applejack kicked into gear straight away and I took off, leaving Kristy's crutches behind.
Once we were out we were in tears of laughter and spent the next half hour wondering if we should tell wake the people in the Caravan which was next in line of the rising tide.

Once I felt they were safe I fell back to sleep.
The water was only half way up our tyres if you're wondering but it gave us such a fright.

The morning was beautiful to wake up to.  The sand was a soft white and the air was so fresh to breath in.
We jumped in Applejack after taking a few photos at the area where we had been in the ocean in the wee hours.

If you know Kristy and I, I'm sure you can vision how we giggled all the way to Shark Bay.

We dragged Kristy's crutches for a few metres when we fled out of the water.

This morning was so beautiful.  I remember feeling so alive and Apple looked so fresh and comfy!

Every morning we were soo lucky to wake up to such gorgeous surroundings

I took an early morning walk and took photos while Kristy caught up on sleep

No comments:

Post a Comment