Wednesday 22 February 2012

Goodbye Again Strangers

I really need to invest in some of these fire jugglers
OLIVER wanted to hang around Exmouth more then two days but I had a wedding in Perth to be at in a couple of weeks so I felt I should keep moving south and this wasn't Oliver's trip.
I tried to tell him he should stay but he said "no I travel with you".
Agh this wasn't the plan!  The agreement was we were giving him a lift to Exmouth.  I knew now he was hoping to come to Perth with us but I really didn't want that!
Unless I asked him to find another ride I just had to deal with it....so of course I had to put on a smile and enjoy the drive to Coral Bay 200km down the road.
We passed the group of guys we'd met on the way and we were also planning on meeting the friend we stayed with in Port Headland.
I had a feeling it was going to be an enjoyable stay at Coral. That it was!  One street in town and a pub at the end over looking the beach.
Timber huts lined the beach and we could see they were filling up so we found a park and strung the hammock.
This is where the guitar playing, singing, laughter, swimming, sleeping and lazing in the sand, lasted for the next 24 hours.
As the sun went down we agreed we needed a hearty pub meal so we crossed the road and I was told by friends back home to say hello to a friend of theirs.  When they told me to do this when I left I thought I'd have a slim chance of finding him but the waitress pointed to the beer garden and I found him straight away. He offered me fresh fish on the barbecue.  Exactly what they said he would do.
We left the pub with full bellies and finished our partying at the beach.  I knew it was going to be hard leaving the Bay with the possibility of not seeing our new friends again.
We would never get the chance to hear that "best punk rock band ever!"

That's how life rolls and we had had this much fun already...who knows what was to come!

Soo relaxing. 


No idea who this guy was...wanted to join our party but.

Punk Rocker....serenading Kristy

Yes....another amazing sunset

One of the best nights

I had to say hello to their Danny boy....he's in the black...not the crazy lookin guy  on my right


We didn't want to leave.

1 comment:

  1. Ah I wish you had decided to do this when I had no kids and could have come with! So much fun, so many memories...Good on you!

    ReplyDelete